Advice

If I were to be hired by Baruch College to make improvements using new media, I would begin with developing an app. This app would be exclusive to Baruch students. One thing I’ve always wanted was for there to be a way to easily access blackboard on my cell phone. Yes, I could go on the website on my handheld device, but signing on each individual time could become tedious. As the new hire for Baruch, I would find a way to make it quicker to access Blackboard through the use of this app. This would allow students to check on their upcoming assignments for their classes on a more frequent basis. In addition to the app, I would want to distribute updated ID cards to Baruch students. This new and updated card would be equipped with a RFID chip enabling students to enter the library or the school with a simple wave over a sensor. This would make it much easier for students to enter considering that oftentimes our hands tend to be full. I would also make it so that this updated card could be used to make purchases in the bookstore or cafeteria. With an ID card linked to your account, payments would be quicker, and there would be fluid movement in and out of the stores. These are just a couple of the changes I would try to make within Baruch College.

Comments

  1. I really like your idea about the ID card with RFID chip. It really makes our lives much more convenient entering or existing the building. It is annoying that I have to take out my ID card every time I enter a new building. And the blackboard issue is already solved. You can download an app, called "Blackboard". It allows you to access any information you have in Blackboard, so you dont have to open it on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your problem with Blackboard on mobile phones. Most times the page doesn't fully load up and can be a pain to get to the page that you want. Also, most private schools already have RFID ID cards and it is about time Baruch caught up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts