Next New

Owning a car in New York City is very useful. However, because of how populated NYC is, it is likely a hassle to look for parking wherever you go. For instance, I've spent close to 15-30 minutes looking for available parking near my home. Something that I just thought of is the creation of an app with the purpose of alerting nearby drivers of valid spots for parking in the area. This may seem far fetched but I'm sure that a team of developers could make this app a reality. I'd imagine that if this app was made it could link with your vehicle, perhaps through an implanted RFID chip or a bluetooth connection. NYC drivers looking for parking could look on the app to see which vehicles have recently left their spots and where to find the available space on the map within the app. As I'm writing this I really wish that the idea of this app or something similar would be developed. It isn't a perfect idea, but with some polishing by the work of a team of professionals, I believe that it would be greatly beneficial for many New Yorkers.




Comments

  1. Hey Deshawn, I drive quite often as well and I could not hate anything more than not being able to find a parking space. This has become such a major issue over recent years within my neighborhood and I honestly would love it if there was an app for this. I know this idea has been floating around the world for a couple years, but because of how difficult this is, no one has been able to successfully carry this out. Hopefully in the next 5 years, a team of individuals is able to assemble and app that can help find us drivers free parking spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deshawn,
    Because I also drive, I understand how hard parking get especially if you travel around different borough often. There has been times where I was looking for parking for over an half hour, then even after this it is I have had to wake up early to move the car. I feel like creating an app to find parking would be great for almost any driver here in NYC, and many would have no issue paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deshawn. This is absolutely a brilliant idea. I have a car also and I drive sometimes. I don't drive that much because I hate finding a parking spot and it is time-consuming. Especially in Manhattan, it is almost impossible to find meter parking during busy hours. This app you talk about would definitely ease the process of finding a parking spot and I'm looking forward to seeing it comes out in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts