The Ups and Downs of the Twitterverse

Twitter is one of the world's leading social media juggernauts. The website/app allows users to publish an endless amount of personalized microblogs and share them with anybody with the tap of a button. Because Twitters functionality is solely dependant on its millions of users, the website/app is flooded with "tweets" from many different types of people with contrasting viewpoints and opinions. With this being said, it may be a challenge using Twitter as a reliable source for new on current events since all users impart their own morals in each post. No doubt, Twitter is beneficial because of its simplicity and convenience. However, there are plenty of cons attached with this form of new media. I aim to discuss the positives and negatives of Twitter and I particularly want to stress if Twitter could be categorized as news website/app.

Comments

  1. Hi Deshawn,

    While I agree with your point that Twitter can't be depended on for its news, I do think that the various and contrasting viewpoints and opinions can create and spark discussion among certain issues, which I think is the greatest benefit of the Twitter platform. It is very great hearing different perspectives, especially from famous politicians and famous athletes. Twitter has allowed us to get closer to people we idolize and it has even allowed us to get closer to sports games with streaming so advanced nowadays. Overall, I think Twitter is more beneficial than it is toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deshawn, I think Twitter can be depended for news sometimes. For instance, I use it to see train updates that have not been updated on the MTA website and has helped me a lot in my commute. Overall I think Twitter is a very useful tool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts